
ingredients
5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped coarse
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped coarse
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into quarters
3 tablespoons dutch-processed cocoa powder
3 large eggs
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon table salt
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (topping)
1 1/2 cups peanut butter chips (topping)
mini marshmallows (topping)
directions
1. adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. fold 2 pieces of foil to form a sling over a 9-by-13 inch baking pan. grease bottom and sides with butter.
2. melt bittersweet and unsweetened chocolate, butter, and cocoa powder in microwave, stirring occasionally until smooth. set aside to cool slightly.
3. whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a medium bowl until combined. whisk chocolate mixture into egg mixture, then stir in flour until just combined. pour mixture into prepared pan, spread into corners, and level surface with a rubber spatula. bake approximately 20 minutes, then sprinkle semisweet chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and marshmallows onto top and return to oven.
4. continue baking until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a small amount of sticky crumbs clinging to it. cool on wire rack to room temperature, about 2 hours, then remove brownies from pan in foil sling. i had some issues cutting the brownies, but regardless, they don't need to be in perfectly cut squares to be ridiculously delicious and enjoyable.
and if you think these aren't satisfying enough by themselves, here's another tip: top the brownies with ice cream. my personal favorite is ben & jerry's cookie dough.
yeah, i told you they were good.
(insert moaning here).
How many Calories. Just wondering how long I need to work out to burn one off. HAHA They look great.
ReplyDeleteJust stumbled across your blog and your recipes are awsome! I make quite a few different variations of brownies, but think this one tops them all.
ReplyDeleteOhhh my. I think I need to make these. now.
ReplyDeleteYou are absolutely right these are just pure decandence! I Love brownies love peanut butter! Can it get any better than this?
ReplyDeleteYou are killing me! It's 11:00 at night and I would love to eat this. Looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteGirlfriend those are sick!!!!! Oh, man I am sooooooo making these!! I can't wait to get home & into the kitchen. I already printed out the recipe.
ReplyDelete~ingrid
These look absolutley sinful!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE S'mores!!!! I will definitely be putting this recipe on my list of "to makes"!!
ReplyDeleteThese look incredible. I can not wait to try them!
ReplyDeleteYikes, I think i've got to make these. Usually when I make brownies, it is for the sole purpose of inserting them, warm, under ice cream. SLURRRRPP, looks good!
ReplyDeleteLove the title! These look heavenly! My butt is getting bigger just looking at them! I bet they are delish!
ReplyDeleteWhoaaa, pure decadence indeed!!! My eyes actually widened when I saw how you chose to serve them, mmm!
ReplyDeleteNow that is a real dessert! YUM!
ReplyDeleteJust found your blog and wow... I think I can on the right day. Holy hell...
ReplyDeleteI rather have this than my granola for breakfast. ( It is 6 am here)
ReplyDeleteWe gave this post an OM NOM Nomination!
ReplyDeletewow you are clearly a ridiculous baker!!!! I can't imagine a homecook making such gourmet looking treats. It's SO much fun to look at your "process of baking"!! THanks so much for sharing. :)I'm a big fan!
ReplyDeleteAs I am looking at the photos, it's just getting better and better...
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteThese are heavenly and I had my eye on it for a while now.
I wanted to ask if you would be interested to have it submitted to the new “Cake Collection” happening on my blog. There’s a giveaway too… Here are the details: http://www.familyfriendlyfood.com/2009/03/launching-cake-collection-with-a-giveaway/
Many thanks!
Nurit
1 family. friendly. Food.
Oh my god, I hate that you made me moan with you at that last picture! :P
ReplyDeleteI am definitely going to try this some day, when I have a s'mores craving.
Oh, if only we had peanut butter chips here in Australia. I think I may have to mail order some off the net, just to make these. *drool*
ReplyDeleteI'm hungry
ReplyDeletei just stumbled upon your site.. these brownies look amazing. i cant wait to try them :) love the blog!
ReplyDelete